Tuesday, November 8, 2016

DIY Advent Calendar Idea #1

I love Advent Calendars.  I think my kids and I have done one every year, for 16 years.  I will be posting some ideas for DIY calendars, and then I will let my kids pick which one they like best.  The one below, in the video, is pretty affordable to make.  However, I would use a tri fold board from the Dollar Tree rather than a large canvas.  As a painter, putting all those pin holes in the canvas just seems like a waste to me.  You could also use the other two sides to draw a Nativity, or other Christmas images.  I am not sure I would use ornaments either, maybe a piece of candy, or some money for them to share.  We have so many ornaments, we don't need more, lol, though I love them.  I will try to add a new idea, every couple of days.  Do you do an Advent Calendar?  Share your ideas in the comments.  






EZwhelp.com

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!

Contact Email

Contact me at melissaruede@yahoo.com for advertising spots, or to ask about Crafting for Moms.

Missy69 on Redbubble