Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Starry Night Black Resin Candle Holder

I got my birthday resin in the mail, and could not wait to create some new pieces. Yesterday morning, I set out deciding what to make, and how. This is one of them. I used black acrylic paint to dye the resin. The mold is actually a bangle bracelet mold, that I over poured to make the cavity for a candle to sit in, or on. I added blue and gold glitter with the star stickers to make it look like the night sky. You see the results below. I ordered two molds, also. A pendant mold, that came today, and a snowman mold that is not here yet. I love snowmen, can't wait to create some cute ornaments. The pendant mold is nice, and can't wait to give it a try. Now, I have a bunch more resin pieces to decide what to turn them into. A couple pieces, that had flaws, I used the new resin to fix. I was very pleased with that, except for one. I finished a beautiful baby cocoon as well, and two new paintings. Yesterday, was a very crafty day. That is what happens when it rains, lol. Today, I started an infant baby boy camouflage cocoon. Can't wait to offer that up for sale.


Remember, my Etsy shop offers FREE USA shipping, all year, every day. Plus a layaway service too!



4 comments:

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Hi M. :)

That is a beautiful candle holder and how clever to think to use a bangle mold :)

Can't believe we are thinking about Snowmen already but I guess I have been working of Fall Photos to go in my shop :)

I LOVE your end of summer painting, too cute :)

Have a lovely Thursday, cheers, T. :)

Melissa said...

Thank you! I know it is hard to believe, Summer is almost over. I love Fall!

A. Sparkle said...

Sounds like you've been very busy! I love candle holders.. You can never seem to have enough and having one with glitter is all the better. :)

Vallon des Trésors said...

That is very cute! and great for the upcoming season!

EZwhelp.com

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!

Contact Email

Contact me at melissaruede@yahoo.com for advertising spots, or to ask about Crafting for Moms.

Missy69 on Redbubble