Thursday, July 17, 2014

Unique Elephant Head with Ancient Plants Tangle Doodle Abstract Art

The whole past month, has been super busy, culminating with our homeschool evaluations yesterday. I say ours, because I am evaluated as much as my children are. It is done now, and we all did wonderful, so now I can relax a bit, for a while, lol.

 Monday is the day that I traditionally paint or draw. I have been drawing more, and I am finding I really like to draw. I did my first portrait the other day, and then painted it. I think I liked it better as a pencil drawing, but I will share that soon. The Ancient Tangle Facebook Group, posts a monthly challenge. I think this is the third one I have done using the Ancient plants. I really love the Ancient plants more than any of the other designs we have done so far. Anyway, I drew out a simple elephant head, and then lightly drew on the tangles. Then I used my paint pens to paint in the tangles. You can see the results. I am very pleased with this one. I love it as a matter of fact. You can purchase this piece of art by visiting my Etsy store. I offer free USA shipping, combined shipping and a free layaway service.




7 comments:

Catherine said...

Looks good!

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Hi M. :)

I LOVE the way you have incorporated the 2 elements tog. :)

Have a lovely day, cheers, T. :)

A. Sparkle said...

Lovely drawing. :) I agree with you on portraits.. I like them much better in pencil than with paints. You can just be much more detailed with pencil.

Vallon des Trésors said...

It looks great!!

Melissa said...

Thanks, to all! I really enjoyed this one,

SJW @ Heartland Photography said...

Beautiful, beautiful work! Gorgeous color!

Melissa said...

Thank you!

EZwhelp.com

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!

Contact Email

Contact me at melissaruede@yahoo.com for advertising spots, or to ask about Crafting for Moms.