Saturday, June 7, 2014

Painted Magnolia Leaves a Cat and a Peacock Zentangle Abstract Art

I decided to try something different, and paint on some of my Magnolia tree leaves. Magnolia leaves are big and a beautiful lush green color. I did notice, though, even though I sealed them before painting they are still drying out and getting a dark brown hue to them. I will have to watch this carefully. I will not be painting any more leaves until I am certain they will hold up over time. These two are listed in my Etsy store, but may be removed. The first is a cat silhouette outlined in gold sitting under the moon and the stars. I love this one. The second is a Peacock that I Zentangled or tangled the body of the peacock. I wanted to do the feathers on the tail as well, but it was just too small. I use a script liner paint brush, not brush pens like others, so it is extremely difficult. But, I love the challenge of doing it with a brush.


 I have finished another naptime buddy for baby, and will share that soon. Started a new bag that can be a beach bag, market bag, or even a diaper bag. Be sure to check back for that too.



6 comments:

A. Sparkle said...

Both the cat and the peacock look great! I would've never thought about painting on leaves, but that's a neat idea. Hope to see more. :) Have a great day!

PinkDiamondGirl said...

That's so cool and different.. I wish I could paint.. love your blog!

Melissa said...

A Sparkle thank you! It is really neat. I am sad to say the Peacock did not survive. But, it was totally my fault. While sealing it, I left it to dry in the sun, forgot and a thunderstorm came through. While the paint was still intact and pretty the rain made the leaf curl all up and look putrid.

PinkDiamondGirl, thank you. I wished I could paint too, until I started to paint. You have to start somewhere.

Vallon des Trésors said...

That really is very original! What a great idea.

Melissa said...

Thank you!

Melissa said...

Thank you!

EZwhelp.com

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!

Contact Email

Contact me at melissaruede@yahoo.com for advertising spots, or to ask about Crafting for Moms.