Monday, July 16, 2012

Painting a Tin Pail

On Monday, Caitlin and I usually sit down to paint. My husband has a firehouse meeting every Monday, and it is a perfect time to paint. Since the last two weeks have been so crazy with 4H and homeschool evals, I have not had a lot of spare time. Today, was my first attempt at painting on tin. I saw this red tin pail at the Dollar General, and finally bought one. Now it does already have a pattern on it, so it is not smooth. This did make it somewhat difficult to navigate my paint brush. I am still quite happy with the results. Of course the first shot is sunflowers, but I don't use traditional colors when I paint any of my flowers. You can see the results. On the other side is roses, and daisies. Roses are a no no without a smooth surface, ugh they just don't come out well. Daisies I tried a different brush and I just didn't like it. It is acceptable, but not how I will paint daisies again. Still working on vines and stems. Caitlin painted one of her favorite movie characters, Bolt. I am always amazed at her talent. Then I bought a pair of pink flip flops for a buck, and painted my favorite football team's logo on them, the Buffalo Bills. The first one I did was rough, had a better hang of it by the second one. Better yet, I have a new pair of cool shoes. The last paper is just practice flowers and swirlies. I love painting, and I hope to continue to grow and learn.

2 comments:

Reeni said...

You are both talented! Everything looks great!

Melissa said...

Thank you, Reeni

EZwhelp.com

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!

Contact Email

Contact me at melissaruede@yahoo.com for advertising spots, or to ask about Crafting for Moms.

Missy69 on Redbubble