Monday, May 7, 2012

Painting Names and Flowers

I wish I had the time to paint every sing day, for hours at a time. Each time I paint something I think, well I could have did this or that, but then don't get to paint again for a few days sometimes. I love the concept of painting a name, I used my daughter's Caitlin, which is a large name, then adding flowers to the letters of the name. Then I thought why not paint the letters in the shapes of flowers. I will have to try that the next time. The jar shown has Caitlin painted all around it, you can only see part of her name. Then I tried to add vine and flowers. I did not care for the vine look at all, but the flowers I did. So, today I painted her name in white only, then added the flowers, and then a little garden of flowers underneath. I like this much better, though still not exactly what I want. I am hoping to get this how I like it, in the next few painting tries. I will be sharing some more of my paintings, and my daughter's as well, in the coming weeks. There is so much to learn, so little time.

3 comments:

betchai said...

Caitlin is so cute there modeling the painting, your paintings are always an inspiration to look at Melissa, you, Caitlin and DJ and of course your mom are a group of talents, hope your mom is feeling better now.

Melissa said...

Thank you, Betchai, we get a little bit better each time we paint.

emszee said...

wow..they are so cute..ur site is educational too

EZwhelp.com

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!

Contact Email

Contact me at melissaruede@yahoo.com for advertising spots, or to ask about Crafting for Moms.

Missy69 on Redbubble