Friday, August 27, 2010

Who Can Help Me?

My six year old daughter has to have glasses. We are picking them up this evening. Since insurance only covers one pair every two years, I really do not want them broken. She has to wear them all day except when sleeping of course. So I want to make her a special gemstone chain to wear with them mostly for playtime so if she gets hit or something maybe they won't fly off completely and break. Anyway I need to know what the little funny looking plastic things are called that attach to the end of the chain and then to the bow of the glasses. They are kind of shaped like a figure eight. I can't look them up to buy some, because I have no idea what they are called. If anyone knows the technical name for these little things I would love for you to share it with me. Thanks!


betchai said...

oh, am sorry Melissa, won't be any help :( as I do not know too :(

Dana said...

Melissa, they are called Eyeglass Holders. I purchased some from Fire Mountain Gems about a year ago. I would imagine they still have them. They are probably under findings. Good luck and I'm sure your daughter will be fine with the glasses. I started wearing glasses when I was 7 and never lost or broke a pair.

Melissa said...

Dana that is not a very fancy name at all. I was expecting some fancy name for it LOL! Thank you, now I can get some.

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!

Contact Email

Contact me at for advertising spots, or to ask about Crafting for Moms.